An open place for all things cre8tive!
"The QUEST": to find TRUTH
"The METHOD": fearless and open-minded EXPLORATION
"The MOTIVATION": to FIGHT AGAINST entropy
*en·tro·py: Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Not Enough Time!

Am I the only one?

So I wake up in the middle of the night and just feel like I have to do SOMETHING. Anything really. It's nearly 4am as I begin this blog. Sleep (as much as I love it) is more of a burden than a blessing in my life. (My wife might be shocked to hear me say that. It seems like I try to squeeze in a nap any chance I get.) But sleep is when I'm not achieving. It's when I am forced to shelve productivity and embrace complete and total worthlessness. Despite all of the crap that I have done wrong in my lifetime, I feel like I will do more apologizing for sleep when I am made to "give an account" for my life. And the strange thing is...this is NORMAL for me.

As I sit here, I feel the heavy frustration that follows me EVERY DAY of my life. There's just so much to do and not enough time.

Not to wax dorky, but I have had this incessant sense of destiny scratching at the back of my brain now for most of my life. Seriously, it's kindof like the beef stew I had for dinner last night. It affects me. It hangs there. The taste of my purpose is so very obvious to me.

It's to the point that it nags me. But then, I guess that's why it's called destiny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fireside International said...

Dave,

I wonder how Robert meant that. I know of a guy what got his head cut clean off whilst he was sleeping.

To tire an opposing army into sleep would be a prime weapon in a time of war.

On the other hand, getting enough sleep yourself could certainly place you on the cutting edge.

Either way, 'tis bittersweet I fear.
Cheers!
Luke

12:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home