An open place for all things cre8tive!
"The QUEST": to find TRUTH
"The METHOD": fearless and open-minded EXPLORATION
"The MOTIVATION": to FIGHT AGAINST entropy
*en·tro·py: Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me!

Here's to hoping this isn't the halfway point in my life (though I would honestly have to say... it's been a good run).

Among my most treasured accomplishments:

- I am married to the most AMAZING woman alive! My first kiss. Heck, my first everything... and NO REGRETS about it whatsoever. I love you, Adrian. You were well worth the wait.

- I have 3 awesome kids (and another soon arriving). Hannah, you are finally emerging... the most wonderful example of strength and courage (in the face of tremendous difficulty). You inspire me daily. Samara, your smile... anyone who knows you, knows that that's saying a LOT. Sammy, my one and only son; I look forward to what the years will bring us. To all of you, I promise that I will work hard to earn the title of "dad."

- I've seen so much of the world by doing what I love

- I'm finally not afraid of dying. Not for a second. I am confident that God is better than any collection of humans (past, present, and future combined) can possibly imagine.

It's not a long list, but these are what matter most. Thanks to everyone who has been so good to me for 30 years. I look forward to many more.

Cheers!
Luke

6 Comments:

Blogger We Three Spences said...

happy birthday to you luke

kristy

10:57 AM

 
Blogger cmhl said...

happy birthday!!

2:20 PM

 
Blogger cantellya said...

You sound better today! Happy happy day to you--may your year be filled with joy and wonder!

2:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May the force be with you Luke Skyrenner. Happy birthday!! Haiti awaits us!

9:01 AM

 
Blogger Fireside International said...

You BET IT DOES!!!

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Sapphire said...

Happy belated birthday Luke. I'm so sorry I missed it. How have you been? It's been a while. I had my exams and then was off for vacations-hardly came on. Getting into the groove now. Update me! And congrats on the baby. :) Sounds precious!

-saphiya.

5:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home