An open place for all things cre8tive!
"The QUEST": to find TRUTH
"The METHOD": fearless and open-minded EXPLORATION
"The MOTIVATION": to FIGHT AGAINST entropy
*en·tro·py: Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Criss-crossed

Today, I am less impressed that Jesus died for my sins.
Right now, I am MORE IMPRESSED that He bothered to show up at all.
To leave the glory and comfort and security of Heaven... to exist on this POS we call Earth... now THAT'S amazing. I am speechless that He willingly died. But I am honored that He first troubled Himself 33 years to live... among us.

Leading by example.
We're SO JAZZED to talk about giving our lives to Jesus and dying to self. We have forgotten the part of His life that took the longest... the living. Perhaps, before we do anything else, we should follow his lead.

Imagine your life. It is comfortable to you. In a way, it is your "Heaven." You know it. It fits. Not perfect, but somewhat predictable. You can exist there. Now imagine the most disgusting and repulsive opposite to your life. The place you have no business being in. Do you really wanna be like Jesus?

Then show up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Rahija said...

I was intriqued by your opening line, and totally agreed with your entry. It is amazing that He would leave perfection to live amidst us. Praise to Him whose Glory endures forever!

2:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke I think thats so true. I am so tired of living a predictable life. I liked what you said on Sunday at CFM about thinking. I don't want to think with my BRAIN I want to feel with my HEART!!! I want to get out of my comfort zone and do something that isn't for me. Jesus is just blowing my BRAIN out of the water, and I am ready for some change!

8:45 AM

 
Blogger Fireside International said...

Ashley,

PLEASE GO FOR IT.

You know, there were a LOT of people that Jesus came into close contact with... but only 12 who pulled the plug and lived at His side. I sincerely believe that God is crying out for the bravest among us... to accept the most unbelievable assignments.

Maybe that's you! Wouldn't that be AMAZING?!
Cheers!
Luke

5:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home