An open place for all things cre8tive!
"The QUEST": to find TRUTH
"The METHOD": fearless and open-minded EXPLORATION
"The MOTIVATION": to FIGHT AGAINST entropy
*en·tro·py: Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Leaving on my mind.

Really, I should be packing...
...but I just can't right now. In a matter of only about 3 hours, I will accompany my dear friend, Wilsage Sagesse, on a trip back to his home... in Thomazeau, Haiti. He hasn't seen his family in two years.

He just informed me...
...that he hasn't exactly told his parents that he is bringing a white friend home with him. He told them that a friend was coming... but said nothing about me being white. He was laughing like a young boy as he told me this. It is going to be his little surprise. WHAT FUN!

Then he told me...
...no white man had lived in his village for 15 years! I guess I will be breaking that stride.

This stunned me...
...but it honored me at the same time. It truly will be a magical moment when we come rolling into town. Only this year did they get electricity in Thomazeau... and only then, at night (and only then, sometimes). I'll be living right smack dab in the middle of a Haitian community. A village. A place where white men only come and then go, never smelling the night amid the huts and smoldering embers of a dying charcoal fire. I am SO EXCITED.

So I told Wilsage...
...how completely honored I am to be doing this. I shared my deepest pangs. My feelings of excitement about what lies ahead. My anticipation.

When I looked up, he was asleep. Wow. I must have really moved him with my eloquence! So that's why I'm blogging right now... to tell YOU. I am SO EXCITED.

Hey... WAKE UP!
I will fill you in when I return. Cheers!
Luke

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke I pray that you have excitment, adventure, relationships, understanding, and just have fun with the people. Thats what I am looking forward to. Getting down in the dirt and just being with the people. Showing Christ love in a practicle way. Be blessed and have a safe trip brother! Toodles!!!

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Steve said...

I look forward to meeting you, hopefully this summer. :) God thoughts, sir.

5:22 PM

 
Blogger Steve said...

I heard they don't like white folk. I hope you're okay...




:) Just playing with you. See you soon.

11:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home