An open place for all things cre8tive!
"The QUEST": to find TRUTH
"The METHOD": fearless and open-minded EXPLORATION
"The MOTIVATION": to FIGHT AGAINST entropy
*en·tro·py: Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Haiti Journals - PART 3

Starry, starry night...
Anytime I am lost in the "sticks" of Haiti, I become stunned at the beauty of the night sky. The Milky Way is clearly visible. Satellites can be seen floating by overhead. This section of my journal sheds some attention on that glorious moment as it happened to mix with a startling irony.

March 8 - 2005 - My first night in the village at Thomazeau
"...I wanted to see the stars. The kids wanted to see me. So MANY lessons in there.

We build SO MUCH CRAP into our lives... the light from it literally buries the lights from Heaven.

But who are we?
We CHOOSE to do without stars.

At that same moment, the kids, standing under the same glorious sky that was mesmerizing to me, were completely ignoring it and staring straight at me.

These magical lights from Heaven are drowned out tonight by a little-ol-white-guy.

How unfortunate... for ALL of us.
How sad... that this is ALL my fault."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home